Thursday, November 5, 2009

Whirlwind

Can I just take a moment and complain a little, just a little, then I'll get over it. 
So 2 weeks ago, I have my first fetal fibronectin (fFn) test, which is most helpful when it is negative. It tells you that you have less then 5% chance of giving birth in the next 2 weeks. If positive, it doesn't mean you will give birth, it just means you have a higher risk of it. So of course, mine is positive. The Dr tells me to just take it easy, and I do, but I'm definitely on edge. 

That weekend, I get to take a special trip to the hospital because (this may be tmi) but I don't know if I'm leaking amniotic fluid or if I just can't control my bladder! Luckily it was the latter, or not luckily in my case, but baby is fine and I need to relax. 

A few days later, I pick up my adorable niece incorrectly and sprain my wrist badly. SOOO badly, I can't use it for 5 days! During that time I get a sore throat followed by a head cold. So if you can picture me hugely pregnant, one handed, and sick, it was a pathetic sight. 

The good news is that I took another fFn test (I take it every 2 weeks) and it was negative! So that is weird, since the Dr said it usually stays positive,  but great!

Anyway, I'm over it, and I'm determined to start a new week on a good and healthy note! We'll see how that goes. My wrist is still sore but almost all the way healed, my head cold is gone, with a slight sore throat. Does anyone else feel like they are falling apart?

Here are a few backyard pics of us roasting some mallows by the fire-pit. Fun! It's in the times that I feel the worst that I realize how blessed I am with a healthy and loving family. 






1 comment:

Eric and Carol: said...

lol.... TOTALLY allowed to complain, you have alot going on. BUT just a thought, ever think that God incapacitated you so that you were FORCED to take it easy?! I know that having one less hand and feeling sick isn't a nice way of doing so, but at least it made you sit down and rest. Did I mention you look amazing? Fatty over here is jealous!