We have just broke Evelyn of sleeping in bed with us. Yes, we are the bad parents that do that. Really, I don't think it's all that bad. It was very convenient for feedings, and we both loved snuggling with her through the night. It was, and still is, kinda sad to be without her. We miss her, probably more than she misses us. She wouldn't sleep with us the whole night, but as least half of it. We would wake up to her pulling our hair, talking to herself, or snuggling into our necks. It was pretty great, but she was getting a little too squirmy, and curious about crawling right off the bed on to the floor. And did anyone know how fascinated babies are about their daddy's nipples? Or is that just my kid?
She still comes in bed after waking up in the morning, to snuggle with Mommy while Daddy's hitting the weights. I love it.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but she could still turn on us I guess. The first night was kinda hard for her, the second night was worse, but by the third she was like, "just give me my binkie and see ya in the morning". Victory!
Remembering the Good Ol Days
2 comments:
I LOVE baby snuggle time!! Neither of my kids ever really "slept" with us, but we did let Austin in bed a lot when he was little, mostly for convenience. Cali's more of a lone wolf and is a crazy sleeper anyway.
I'm glad things are working out for you and I hope it continues on that route...time for another!!!
Yeah right! I'm not so sure about that, but it does make me miss having a little baby. When's your next one?????
Post a Comment