It's kinda stereotypical body builder type workout but it's great for beginners trying to gain because they never could or even experienced lifters because I have no doubt it has moves, sets, reps, etc that you've never done. I've spent plenty of time in the gym, about 7 years ago... and am really impressed with the workouts and the results.
It's a little embarrassing but I'll be honest, I've been a wimp with these workouts. I don't want to injury myself and overdue it so I'm taking it easy. That means I've doing bicep curls with 10 lbs and squats with 20 lbs. I really wish I could do more but the way the program is designed I can't do more because I get fatigued with that weight. Yes, there's some heavy lifting, but the heaviest for me so far on any exercise has been 40 lb dumbbells, MAX. I think it's crazy that I can't lift more but I feel great and I'm seeing results. I didn't expect to have my arms get as big but that's been the most visual improvement. I feel like my quads are getting bigger too but the measurement says otherwise.
So 5 weeks in, here's my results...
Week 1: Week 5:
Weight: 178.8 lbs 183.8 lbs (+ 5 lbs)
Chest 42" 43.25" (+ 1.25")
Waist: 33.5" 33.75" (+.25")
Arms: 15.25" 16.25" (+ 1")
Thighs: 22.25" 22.5" (+ .25")
One of the best things I like about the Beachbody workouts is that you make a commitment that you're going to do the program (90 days), push play everyday, follow the meal plan, drink your shakeology, and you get the results. This has been most difficult because I'm doing this by myself (Michelle has been doing 21 day fix or T25). I'm in a Body Beast challenge group which has been good because it has people from all over the country in different stages of their Body Beast journey. Accountability like none other.
I have 3 more weeks of the BULK phase so I'll update after that is complete. If you have any questions about this program let me know. Thanks for following :o)

No comments:
Post a Comment