Monday, December 8, 2014

21 DF Day 8

I wanted to make sure I write these next 3 posts at the end of the day since I've started the 3 Day Refresh. I have done this Refresh before and remember not being hungry except when I didn't plan ahead. Today was the same. I was a little anxious to start since I've been doing fairly well with the containers and didn't want to throw a wrench in it. Hang on, let me start with the workout.




Today was Full Body Cardio Fix. By the end of the workout we were already feeling sore. My oblique's are the worst! Reaching up for anything is just not a pleasant feeling. Surrenders are by far the hardest exercise. They are at the very beginning so that helps to be "fresh", but holding DB's at your shoulders and dropping down to your knees and standing back up is not an easy task for a full minute. The workouts are just really good with a nice mix of fast and med paced moves.




Workout and my first Fiber Sweep, I don't think it tastes like much, just a little hint of orange.


Ok back to the refresh. I've attached some pics of my snacks. It really was an easy day. I think most people wonder if they'll be in the bathroom all day long, not so with this. It's very gentle and I didn't even have a stomach cramp to mention. I'll break it down for you.






Morning:  Drink 8oz water, then Shakeology with 1 fruit. Herbal or green tea about an hour or so later. Late AM is the "Fiber Sweep" mixed with 8oz water.


AFternoon: "Vanilla Fresh" blended with one fruit from the Fruit List + 1 vegetable from the veggie list, + 1 of the Healthy Fat's from that list.
Snack: Another approved veggie + 1 Healthy Fat
Tea and hour later (optional)


Dinner: Last Vanilla Fresh with water (no fruit)
They give you several dinner options, I chose the
Spinach Salad with
 2 cups spinach, half a cucumber, half red bell pepper, 1/4 cup sprouts, half tomato, half tsp
evoo, 1 tblspn fresh lemon juice and 1 tsp sunflower seeds or raw pumpkin seeds.


(I didn't have the sprouts or the seeds, but put a tsp of slivered almonds instead)




One of my snacks, 1 cup of cucumber slices with 2 Tblspns Hummus, YUM!

It was a fulfilling salad! We do this same plan for 3 days. I am impressed with how much I'm just NOT hungry. Tomorrow may be different, but as of now, I'm satisfied and feel great. I do have a dull headache still (on and off the past few days) and think it's mainly sinuses which are still bothering me a little, but it's not horrible. Something I need to work on is drinking more water. I only drank half of what I needed to. So I HAVE to do better.



I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I know that usually day 2 is the hardest, but I'm going to go in optimistic. The bad news is that tomorrow is our 9 year anniversary and we can't go out to dinner. We ALWAYS do something on our anniversary, so that's a bit of a bummer, but the good news is that we are saving some money tomorrow. :) Until Friday, when we go out to dinner. ;) I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.



No comments: