Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hump Day

Lower focus today. OH the BURN! Great workout, ready for the day.

Wanted to talk a little bit about temptation. We have some coming our way. Birthday celebration tonight at an ice cream shop.
Evelyn's birthday is in one week, and John is heading out of town for the weekend to an Ohio State football game with his brothers. Big tests coming up. What do we do? Is someone going to forced cake down our throats? Probably not. Will we get heckled a little bit for not having dessert, or drinking beer, or stuffing our plates full of food? Maybe. Is it going to suck making Evie's cake and not eating it? Yep. Will I look a little silly around all of the family with a plate in their hand full of yummy sugary goodness? Uh-huh. Am I willing to say, "No thanks"? YES!

I will again have cake someday, and ice cream and fried food, and beer, all in moderation of course. But not now, not when I'm trying to reach a goal. Not when I have one path to follow and if I veer off the road will take even longer to accomplish. I've done that too many times. Bring it on.

 Balance
 Feeling good
 Stretch
Boys up early. Grady showing me his boo-boo is better. Nathanial bit him. Ay-yai-yai.

2 comments:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

You can do it! (It'll be hard...but) YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Michelle Swidrak said...

thanks Pam!