Monday, October 14, 2013

Modified Monday for Me

Today was a modified day for me. Saturday I somehow managed to slightly pull my groin. Not sure if it was during the workout or after. I thought nothing of it since it didn't hurt much until Sunday. As the day progressed it hurt more. You've all been there, when it didn't seem like much, then gradually you're like, OW! So I woke up feeling much better with rest and decided not to go all out. I'm not about to "push" through and feel that same pain or worse because I can't slow down a little.

The workout even modified is still good and I was still dripping at the end, just not like usual. I'm glad I did because now at almost noon my groin feels almost 100%. I'm going to ice and rest more today and then think tomorrow will pick up the intensity.

I'm not an advocate of pushing through pulled muscles. They take forever to heal and the frustration can push anyone to give up altogether. If treated properly and depending how bad a pull, you will be back in no time with a little care. I'm not trying to be a superhero, just want to heal completely and get back to it. These things happen, expect them, but don't let them ruin you.

John NAILED IT today! As you can plainly see. Proud of him and excited to get back to it tomorrow!

1 comment:

JonJon said...

Loving the dripping wet photos of me :o) At least you know I really worked out.

Ok, I have to put out a little disclaimer on the progress photos. We wanted these to be as normal/realistic as possible. The first photos I didn't try to pump up get great lighting/shadows and look better than I really was/am. Likewise the pictures we took yeterday are not "glamour" shots. I wish they were because I am getting good ab definition but it's not realistic to do a bunch of pushups, curls, etc right before a photo. That's one of my biggest pet peaves with workout results. For sure at the end we'll have both relaxed and flexed and have been taking flex photos along the way for comparison. Ok, enough blabbering and back to work.
-John