Monday, September 16, 2013

Let's do This

So instead of bombarding you on facebook or instagram, which I might still do a little, I decided to start my blog back up. This will be mostly fitness related during this first challenge of T25 for 10 weeks, but have a mix of family stuff too.

I thought for those who ever wanted to know how to's of a BeachBody fitness challenge, why not tell them. It's my first one, and I want to get to the goals I've had for the last 8 years! It's not about the weight for me. I am quite happy with my weight of 125-128. But my tone and definition is just not there. I'm sick of blaming genetics (although my family does have big upper arms), my emotions, my past, my period, and kids, and pregnancy, and my bad knees, I'm just ready to Get There!

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate myself, or cry about how bad I look. If you do, take ownership of that, it's ok, but do something about it. No, no, I'm proud of my body for having 3 babies and getting the weight off each time. I'm glad that I have arms and legs that work and don't have any major joint or health issues. I'm NOT ungrateful, I just have always wanted to feel and look strong and fit. Not be uncomfortable in certain clothing (modest of course), and not be a little embarrassed at the pool/beach. Now, we all have different body shapes, of course, but I think we all can take responsibility and not blame that shape for not looking and feeling good about ourselves.

So after a long hard look at myself and my complacency in my job as a personal trainer and my body. I decided to take on a new Challenge. I'm all about challenges, I think it's a true self test. How much mental strength/willpower do I really have? So I'm testing mine. Please join me or follow along.

John (hubby) is doing this with me and he's a total motivator for me. He works hard and pukes later. Love him.


Today's workout was Cardio, it was great actually! My calves burned and we both had to stop a couple times, just for a second or 2, but it was a great workout. We were obviously sweating! Then we drank our Shakeology. GreenBerry flavor. I will not lie to you, it was not great. We drank it with water and no other additions. Beachbody gives you a calendar of 30 different recipes you can mix in with your shake choice and today, being day 1, I just wanted to try it plain.... I will not do that AGAIN, with greenberry. John didn't seem to mind it much, which freaks me out, since he always loves my cooking. Hmmm... Oh well. Day one Done!
Before pics to come!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, guys!! I love how real you are! To know that even a personal trainer struggled and it's not all prancing through daisies is motivation! ;) can't wait to see your results. I love your last comment at John, hilarious! Keep it up guys! Love you, Lois

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Good luck! I was sidelined on the fitness front by three broken fingers recently, so I'm looking to modify, but still get back to it...I have a feeling you'll hit it a little harder than I will, though! Good for you!

Michelle Swidrak said...

Thanks Lois! Yes boredom is for real for me with fitness! Pretty knotty, good luck with your fingers, ouch!

JonJon said...

To clear things up, I did not throw up this morning, but it wasn't easy. I almost lost balance and took out the TV though... The shake wasn't terrible considering we made it with water and ice. I think it'll be great with one or two additional ingredients. Very excited to do this! I'm sick of feeling terrible and outta breath running around with the kids. Six pack here we come :o)

Tina said...

Hi Michelle! I was thinking about you and your family the other day, so it's great to "see" your back on your blog. We are in the middle of traveling, but starting mid October I plan to get back on track with our eating and start adding some exercise into our days.

I'm looking forward to following your progress!
Tina